IT is essential to delivering today’s business. However, concerns are increasingly being raised about IT services, internal and outsourced, not aligning with the needs of businesses and customers.
A recognized solution to this problem is to use an IT Service Management System (ITSMS) based on ISO/IEC 20000, the international standard for IT service management. Certification to this standard enables you to independently demonstrate to your customers that you meet best practice.
ISO/IEC 20000 is based on and replaces BS 15000, the internationally recognized British Standard.
Primarily, ISO/IEC 20000 certification demonstrates that an organization has adequate controls and procedures in place to consistently deliver a cost effective, quality IT service. Some of the key benefits are listed below:
- IT service providers become more responsive to services which are business led rather than technology driven
- External service providers can use certification as a differentiator and win new business as this increasingly becomes a contractual requirement
- Gives you the ability to select and manage external service providers more effectively
- More opportunities to improve the efficiency, reliability and consistency of IT services impacting costs and service
- Certification audits enable the regular evaluation of the service management processes, which helps to maintain and improve effectiveness
- The certification process can reduce the amount of supplier audits, thereby reducing costs
- ISO/IEC 20000 is fully compatible with the ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) framework of best practice guidance for ITSM processes
TOV has a unique approach of certification which complies with the requirement for bodies providing audit and certification of management system.